check_openmanage having issues with OMSA 6.2.0

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Mon Feb 1 17:08:49 CET 2010

Hey folks,

   During this past weekend's maintenance window, we upgraded several
hosts to OMSA v6.2.0.  They were previously at v5.0.0, and so
check_openmanage wasn't able to poll them.

   Now, they are still showing as UNKNOWN, giving the following
error:

Problem running 'omreport storage controller': Error!  Invalid
name=value pair: controller

   This is running on a Dell PowerEdge 1950, with the following
command via NSClient++:

check_openmanage.exe -e -b bat_charge=ALL/ctrl_fw=ALL/ctrl_driver=ALL
--omreport E:\OpenManage\oma\bin\omreport.exe

   I would have thought 6.2.0 would be OK - is anyone else seeing
issues, or does anyone know of incompatibilities?  I checked the
check_openmanage FAQ, but didn't see anything...

Thanks!

Benny

--
"Blow with all your might into the bean stuffed straw."
                               -- Spam message, 2006-11