NAGIOS_ environment variables in a notification script

Marc Haber mh+nagios-users at zugschlus.de
Wed Dec 22 15:17:05 CET 2010

Hi,

I am trying to write a notification script which is called via the
following command definition:

define command {
        command_name    notify-service-by-email
        command_line    /path/bin/notify --mail="$CONTACTEMAIL$"
}

To save myself from handing in all macros to the script via the
command line, I'd like to use the macros that are written to the
environment as NAGIOS_foo.

Despite having set enable_environment_macros=1 in my nagios.cfg, the
notification script only sees NAGIOS_PLUGIN=/path/bin/notify.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using Nagios 3.0.6 from Debian lenny. Any hints will be appreciated.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190