Nagios service check warning messages (..looks like it was orphaned..)

Meghanand Acharekar vasco.debian at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 13:54:37 CET 2010

Hi,

I can see lots of warning messages saying

....... looks like it was orphaned (results never came back).  I'm
scheduling an immediate check of the service...

(sometimes) in my nagios log, after doing Google search I found this could
be due to improper directive configuration,
I'm checking many of my services via nrpe.

I just want to know what could be the possible reasons behind such warnings.
And is there possibility of serious misconfiguration on such warning
messages.

Regards,

Meghanand N. Acharekar