nagios mail alerts to exchange

Mark A. Lappin MarkL at lmfj.com
Tue Dec 21 20:38:17 CET 2010

> Does anyone know where I can get a guide on how to use postfix to
> mail a local exchange server - just now I have a local installation of
> postfix no config, the mails just bounce off the exchange server.

> I did it years ago and cannot for the life of me remember how - I think
> I was using postfix and fetchmail,

I'm not using postfix but have a few boxes running exim and some running sendmail.    I have exim and sendmail both configured to use my exchange server as a smarthost for all mail.  Exchange is set to accept all inbound mail connections from 192.168.0.0/16 and route & relay it accordingly.

I didn't do my own sendmail config, and I'm not to familiar with sendmail; but in exim I set it up for no local mail and all mail is sent through a relay or smarthost.

Postfix should have similar settings.

Mark