Nagios Windows Check_NT

Andrew Fay Andrew.Fay at ajl.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 18:08:56 CET 2010

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me out, I am setting up Nagios on an Ubuntu
box to monitor Windows servers,

Check_NT is not playing ball, when it is scanning services it is coming
up with :

NSClient++ Version

UNKNOWN        2010-12-21 17:04:06        0d 0h 0m 4s       4/4
Usage:check_nt -H host -v variable [-p port] [-w warning] [-c critical]

C:\ Drive Space

UNKNOWN        2010-12-21 17:05:31        0d 0h 0m 9s       4/4
check_nt: Could not parse arguments

I am using the package install which is version 3.2.1, the test machine
is just an XP desktop that I am trying to get Nagios to pick up.  I have
installed NSClient++-0.3.8-Win32 on the client machine with pretty much
default settings aside from the only machine that is able to access it
is the name of the ubuntu machine, taking this out doesn't make a
difference.

Commands I am using (which are just copied straight from templates) :

define command {

                command_name    check_nt

                command_line    /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_nt -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -v $ARG1$ -v $ARG2$

}

define service{

                use
generic-service

                host_name                         computer1

                service_description        NSClient++ Version

                check_command
check_nt!CLIENTVERSION

                }

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Andy

This Email has been scanned for viruses by Aberdeen
Journals' Outbound Email Security Systems.