check_snmp

Jorge Arenas jorgeaaq at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 17 03:16:29 CET 2010

Hi:

i just install nagios and I am following the basic guide in the site to monitor a switch

i create the file and work well, but

all switch ports are reported in OK status always

i check the output ok the command:

check_snmp -C public -H switch -r 1  .... etc

and even when the port reports status of 2 ( down) the "-r 1" parameter is not working and the report send "SNMP OK" for down ports

I read the instruccions but i can not find any information regarding the -r (regex) parameter

I Found a workaround changing the "-r 1"  for the "-c 1:1"

but I do not know if the documentation in the site is out-dated or i am making something wrong

any ideas

thanks in advance

Jorge Arenas
CSA Mexico