low-cost snmp-enabled temperature sensor?

Douglas K. Rand rand at meridian-enviro.com
Fri Dec 10 18:11:12 CET 2010

I really like the 1-wire sensors. They are really small, really
inexpensive, and really easy to connect together.

What makes them useful for your question is this $100 unit that
provides an Ethernet bridge.

  http://www.edsproducts.com/OW-SERVER--1-Wire-to-Ethernet-Server_p_152.html

You get SNMP access to the devices, or if you'd rather an HTTP hosted
XML document that will give you readings from all the sensors on the
network.

Don't be mislead by the 3 1-wire ports, each of those can support a
seperate 1-wire network with many sensors.

I'm getting alot of my 1-wire sensors from iButtonLink:
http://www.ibuttonlink.com/

We have alot of the T-Sense sensors for $15 each.