Multiple parents in map

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Fri Dec 10 17:54:00 CET 2010

On 7 December 2010 15:10, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:
> HI,
>
> I have digging into the archives but could not find a solution. But in my
> view Nagios 3.2.3 is not showing nodes correctly in the map view.
>
> I have 2 fire wall nodes (FW1 and FW2)  for the customer that I can check on
> a special TCP port. They are 2 cluster members on different physical
> locations.
>
> Then I have 2 SMTP servers (SMTP1 and SMTP2) behind them. They are also
> distributed over both locations.
>
> SMTP1 has the parents FW1 and FW2 and SMTP2 has the parents FW2 and FW1.
> (The listorder is important.)
>
> On the map both SMTP servers are behind FW2 and there are 2 blank spots
> behind FW1 in the Circular (Marked Up) map.
>
> Will this be fixed in a future release?

I can't speak for the developers, but I doubt this will be fixed.
It's more likely an alternative mapping method will replace the
current Circular (Marked Up) map which doesn't scale well to large
numbers of hosts.

There are alternative maps available now as add-ons for Nagios, for
example NagVis includes an automap feature which might fit the bill.
http://www.nagvis.org/

hth,

Jim