Newbie Question.. Monitoring Lnux machines.

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Thu Dec 2 22:32:08 CET 2010

Hi there --

The NRPE, Nagios Remote Plugin Executor, software can be installed on the Linux
systems along with the plugins that are also
present on the server. The combination of the two will enable you to monitor the
clients in question.

________________________________

From: Maxime Alarie [mailto:malarie at processia.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 4:21 PM
To: Nagios Users List
Subject: [Nagios-users] Newbie Question.. Monitoring Lnux machines.

Good day,

I have installed nagios,  on my  centOS VM. I can monitor Windows machines and
servers just fine using nsclient++.  How can I monitor a Linux server? There is
no NSclient++ available, and the guide  on monitoring linux machines is
incomplete

I have check my localhost.cfg file, thinking I could rename it  to
LinuxServer.cfg but it is quite empty:

define host {

        host_name                       localhost

        use                             linux-server

        alias                           localhost

        address                         127.0.0.1

        ;

        register                        1

        }

Any help is appreciated.