high latency

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Dec 2 18:16:35 CET 2010

On 12/02/2010 04:59 PM, Daniel Wittenberg wrote:
> Yeah, for giggles I went back further through the archives last night
> and found stuff back to 2.x series, and not much has seemed to help.  I
> killed some of my mis-behaving active checks, and that dropped to about
> 20 seconds, then went up to about 35-50.  So while that's better, I have
> A LOT more hosts and service checks to add, and am afraid it'll go nuts
> when I dump more on.  I think I've tried about all the config options I
> could find and some helped, some didn't seem to, but  there should be
> plenty of horsepower on the machine to run this much faster so not sure
> why it's not.
>

> Dan

Ditch your performance-data processing and see if that helps. You might
also want to get rid of embedded perl. It's been known to cause really
weird errors (although primarily memory leaks).

You'll also want to get rid of obsessive host and service commands.

How large is your installation and what hardware and system are you
running it on?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se

on peace.