Nagios Core 3.2.3 host check retry interval

Chris Beattie cbeattie at geninfo.com
Wed Dec 1 21:30:52 CET 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 11:20 -0500, Chris Beattie wrote:

> This time I'm trying a nearly-stock nagios.cfg file.  The one I've
> been
> using predates Nagios 3.0.  Though it's been updated some, it doesn't
> contain all the more-recent settings.

I was out of town for a bit.

This is still happening, but not all the time.  Most of the host checks
happen 70 seconds apart, but the too-closely spaced ones are usually 20
seconds apart. I don't know how long this has been the case.  It turns
out it doesn't usually result in a notification, so nobody's
complaining.

[11-30-2010 17:13:03] SERVICE ALERT: bgcprodiceweb4d;Service:
ScaleOut;CRITICAL;SOFT;1;SOSS: Not found
[11-30-2010 17:14:33] SERVICE ALERT: bgcprodiceweb4d;Service:
AntiVirus;WARNING;SOFT;1;No data was received from host!
[11-30-2010 17:14:43] HOST ALERT: bgcprodiceweb4d;DOWN;SOFT;1;CRITICAL -
10.3.54.208: rta nan, lost 100%
[11-30-2010 17:15:03] HOST ALERT: bgcprodiceweb4d;UP;SOFT;2;OK -
10.3.54.208: rta 33.504ms, lost 0%

Nothing in this message is intended to make or accept an offer or to form a contract, except that an attachment that is an image of a contract bearing the signature of an officer of our company may be or become a contract. This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, we hereby notify you that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and delete this message immediately.

Thank you.