check_openmanage plugin reporting Firmware out of date

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Wed Dec 1 19:34:39 CET 2010

"Surangiwala, Asif " <Asif.Surangiwala at firstdata.com> writes:

> Can we update the check_openmanage script to parse the "Minimum
> Required Firmware Version" and compare it with the current "Firmware
> Version" to overcome the OMSA bug?

It is entirely possible to mitigate this bug within the plugin, but I
don't think that it's a good idea to let the plugin do all version
parsings and ignore OMSA on a general basis. I have created a version
that works around this particular bug (version 3.6.2-p1) and made it
available here:

  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/omsa-fw-bug/

It simply ignores out-of-date firmware if the firmware and minimum
firmware versions match those in question. But in order for this to
work, I also had to turn off checking the global health status, which
inherits the non-critical status of the controller.

DISCLAIMER: This version is only intended as a temporary solution for
users of OMSA 6.3.0 that struggles with the recent firmware bug, and
don't want to use blacklisting as a workaround. When OMSA 6.4.0 becomes
available, you should upgrade OMSA and revert to a regular release of
check_openmanage.

Regards,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo