Host Groups / Definitions

Assaf Flatto nagios at flatto.net
Tue Aug 17 18:11:34 CEST 2010

removing the template is not necessary unless you with to use the
hostgroup name yourself.
if you don't assign hosts to the group it will have not impact ( except
for an empty group in the cgi) .

As for the file name - I use the same naming conventions for my nagios
config - it is easy to understand what the file purpose is and will also
be good for the next person to be taking over .

As for the service definitions , once you defined the host group
"Datacenter" and assigned the hosts to the group , then the service
definition you gave will be correct .

Assaf

--
Never,Ever Cut A Deal With a Dragon

Next year I will be doing the London to Paris bike ride to
raise money for the DogTrust (www.dogtrust.co.uk) .
Please Sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/Assaf-Flatto