problem adding hosts to nagvis map

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Aug 10 21:26:39 CEST 2010

Hi there --

I completed the installation of the NagVis 1.5.1 utility onto our Nagios 3.1.2
server, and I am trying to create a map.
However, I am running into issues. The first is the following: Whenever I select
Map -> Add Icon -> Host, I need to
do that process twice before the menu appears on-screen.

The second issue is more problematic. Whenever I try to add a host, I go through
the motions of selecting the host_name,
and then entering the x and y coordinates. Even though I have done that, I am
still getting an error that reads:

		A necessary value is not set. All red marked values are
compulsory values.

What am I doing wrong here, and how can I fix it? Thanks.

dispose of the e-mail.