Nagios Deployment

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Mon Aug 9 20:00:02 CEST 2010

On 9 August 2010 17:49, Shane Killian <shane.killian at irishjobs.ie> wrote:

> I've read a reasonable amount of documentation and learned a little from trial and error but if someone could. Point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

I think that's the thing - the documentation is great for sorting out
the nitty-gritty but not always so good for understanding how it's all
supposed to work together.

What I did, and what I recommend anyone new to Nagios to do is to get
hold of one of the books about Nagios - my favourite (and I won't
pretend I've read them all) is the one by Wolfgang Barth published by
No Starch Press.

http://nostarch.com/nagios.htm