setting up nagios to monitor other systems load, mem, disk

Greg Pangrazio pangrazi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 18:14:42 CEST 2010

Niel,

You can do this many ways.  It might be a good idea for you to start
with some background info and such.  I have really had good luck with
James Turnbull's "Pro Nagios 2.0" book as well as "Building a
Monitoring Infrastructure with Nagios" by David Josephsen.

These books both help with deciding the trade offs between check by
ssh, nrpe, snmp etc.

Greg Pangrazio