Nagios Reporting Tool

Eric Anderson eric.anderson at epsway.com
Thu Aug 5 08:03:37 CEST 2010

Hello,

Being relatively new to nagios I'm wondering what I should use for a reporting tool.
I've looked at a few tools on NagiosExchange but I'm not sure if they fit the bill, so I wanted to ask the list for opinions. And yes, I know what opinions are like haha.

Here are my requirements:
1. Send a daily message regarding the Nagios hosts/services uptime,  and other results from configured checks.
2. The daily message format should be either text, pdf or even perhaps html.
3. A monthly summary message containing aggregate values for the month.

It seems that I should perform a dump of nagios into mySQL or similar; however I'm not sure on the proper architecture to proceed. Any discussion on architecture, software,tools, referrals and similar is welcome.

thanks,

Eric
Eric Anderson
Manager of xChange Point(tm) IT
t. 714.957.1087
m. 949.466.9591
www.epsway.com

DISCLAIMER:  This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is intended only for the use of the addressee and contains privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email reply and destroy the original communication and its attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner.