Seedcamp voting is open!

Tony Yarusso tyarusso at nagios.com
Tue Aug 3 22:09:32 CEST 2010

For those of you who haven't seen yet, the voting for Nagios Seedcamp
projects began today!  As background, this (first) Seedcamp was a call
for completely new and interesting projects for use with Nagios Core
and/or Nagios XI, including wizards, check plugins, and documentation.
Fifteen submissions were received, and from the descriptions there look
to be some pretty nifty things in there.

So now we enter phase two, which is where YOU, all of our lovely users
and community members, should go check out the submissions in the
Seedcamp category of the Nagios Exchange
(http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Seedcamp) and then vote for them.
Read the descriptions, download and install, play around with them, and
then let us know what you think at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3Z9JRDX !

Voting will be open for two weeks, after which the winners will be
announced.  The authors of the top three projects as determined by your
votes will be awarding cash prizes in the amount of $1,000, $750, and
$500 USD respectively.  Hopefully this will then encourage further
development and improvement of those projects and others to follow.  For
a little more about Seedcamp (and the URL to tell your friends), see
http://www.nagios.org/seedcamp .

As an aside and disclosure, I'll mention that two of the projects are my
own submissions.  Both work with both Nagios Core and Nagios XI:
  * Ubuntu / Debian (and family) Nagios Agent package (works with both
XI and Core) (written on company time)
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Addons/Monitoring-Agents/Ubuntu-Nagios-Agent/details
  * Common Alerting Protocol check plugin (for things like severe
weather notices, Amber alerts, and other civil emergency notifications
(written on personal time)
http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Others/check_cap-%252D-check-Common-Alerting-Protocol-feeds/details

Now go check them all out, and don't forget to vote!

--
Tony Yarusso
Technical Team
Email:  tyarusso at nagios.com