Problem with notification config

Brian Ipsen bipsen at andebakken.dk
Sun Apr 25 20:29:38 CEST 2010

Hi

 I'm having an issue with notification handling and escalation..

As far as I can see, the notification counter on a service-check increments
by one every time a notification is sent - no matter whether the
notification is a warning or a critical notification.

Well, I have a group of users, that only should receive the first two
warning notifications - and if the check changes state to critical, they
should only receive the 2 first critical notifications.

I've tried using service escalations - but I don't think this can be used,
since warning and critical notifications simply increment the notification
number by one - the number is not reset when changing from warning to
critical.

My service escalation config looks like this:

define serviceescalation {

        hostgroup_name                          Hosts-Gold

        service_description                     Service1,Service2,Service3

        contact_groups
grp-expiration,grp-drift,nt-admins

        first_notification                      0

        last_notification                       1

        notification_interval                   60

        escalation_period                       24x7

        escalation_options                      w

        }

define serviceescalation {

        hostgroup_name                          Hosts-Gold

        service_description                     Service1,Service2,Service3

        contact_groups
grp-expiration,grp-drift,nt-admins

        first_notification                      0

        last_notification                       1

        notification_interval                   60

        escalation_period                       24x7

        escalation_options                      c

        }

The questions is whether my need for this notification scheme is possible
during the configuration - or it only can be done by writing an
event-handler ??

Regards

/Brian