Persistent Comment in Acknowledgement

Aidan Anderson mail at aidananderson.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 16:17:59 CEST 2010

Assaf Flatto wrote:
> Aidan Anderson wrote:
>
>> Assaf Flatto wrote:

>>> you will need to make changes to the cmd.c file and recompile the cgi AFAIK.
>>>

>>> Good luck .
>>>

>> Hi Assaf,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.  I must admit, I've never messed about with C
>> source code before but I'll give it a try :)
>>
>> I assume that if I make any changes, I would need to repeat the changes
>> following any upgrades?
>>

> Aidan
>
> If you've never delved in the C code , then i'd advise not to do any
> changes with out the help of a C programer and have a backup before any
> attempts begin .
>
> As for the upgrade issue - Of course !
> Since  this is a local change , unless you plan to to the upgrade for
> the core with out the CGI's , any "local" change will be overwritten
> when you upgrade .
>
> but once you do it and get it right , doing it again on the new version
> will be much easier .
>
> Good luck
>
> Assaf

Hi Assaf,

I had to have a go and (surprising myself) have managed to do it.  I
will remember to do this again each time I upgrade.

Below is the output of a 'diff' following my changes to cmd.c in case
anyone else is interested in making this modification.  2 changes are
required to cover host and service acknowledgements.

958c958
<               printf("<INPUT TYPE='checkbox' NAME='persistent'
%s>",(cmd==CMD_ACKNOWLEDGE_HOST_PROBLEM)?"":"CHECKED");
---
 >               printf("<INPUT TYPE='checkbox' NAME='persistent'
CHECKED>");
984c984
<               printf("<INPUT TYPE='checkbox' NAME='persistent'
%s",(cmd==CMD_ACKNOWLEDGE_SVC_PROBLEM)?"":"CHECKED");
---
 >               printf("<INPUT TYPE='checkbox' NAME='persistent'
CHECKED>");

Thanks again for your help Assaf.

regards,
Aidan