service dependency - dependent from

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Thu Apr 8 14:44:27 CEST 2010

> If I understand the documentation right it is just possible to add the
> services that are dependent _from_ a service in the servicedependency
> definition.
> I would need to define a service and add to that definition from which
> service
> it is dependent.
>
> As an example I would like to add on the fly services using nrpe by just
> adding a new file with the service definitions I need. These services
> would be
> dependent from the already defined nrpe-service.
>

> Or is it possible to create multiple servicedependency definition with the
> same service_description (same master)? Has anyone tested this already?

You mean like:

# All services that depend on NSClient++
define servicedependency{
        # Host the dependent service is running on
        dependent_host_name             HOSTNAME
        # Service that is dependent on the service_description below
        dependent_service_description   C:,CPU,Dell hardware,DHCP
scope,DHCP server,E:,F:,H:,I:,Shadow copies E:,Shadow copies
H:,Shadow copies I:,Memory usage,SMS Agent Host,Unplanned
restart,User-initiated restart
        # Host the master service is running on
        host_name                       HOSTNAME
        # Service that the others depend on
        service_description             NSClient++
        # Criteria to NOT notify for, if the above service is down
        notification_failure_criteria   w,u,c
        }

?  Because I have several hundred dependencies configured like this.

Benny

--
Me:  'How big a monster can you take out with one of those? Would
      you win a fight with Godzilla?'