Schedule downtime for a host and its services

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Sep 25 14:20:32 CEST 2009

On Sep 25, 2009, at 6:29 AM, Angel L. Mateo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	I am using nagios3 and I'm having problem scheduling downtimes for
> hosts...
>
> 	The problem is that although I have schedule a downtime for a host,
> nagios3 sends alerts for its services. But, as I understand, if I
> scheduled the downtime for the host, the services should be included
> in
> the downtime.

Correct. From personal experience and a quick peek at the code, nagios
won't notify if the host is in scheduled downtime.

> 	Am I doing something wrong? Am I misunderstanding anything?

If the host really was in scheduled downtime during the event, my
guess would be that you had multiple nagios daemons running. One that
knew about the scheduled downtime and one that didn't.

--
Marc