Nagios dying issue

Rex Chan rex at ish.com.au
Thu Sep 17 03:16:31 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

I may have a couple of different problems and I'm not sure if they're related.

Every so often our Nagios instance dies. A restart tells us there's a lock file but no process running.

Once restarted Nagios doesn't seem to want to perform any service checks.

One way that I've found to get Nagios to check again seems to be to remove status.sav and objects.cache and restart.

So, I was wondering if anybody has any advice on how to figure out why Nagios dies?

--

Rex Chan