Using MySQL plugin for Nagios monitoring

Seth Simmons ssimmons at cymfony.com
Thu Sep 10 08:03:47 CEST 2009

I'm not sure what specific plugin you are referring to.  Most of what
I've seen are related to mysql performance, replication, etc.  Are you
looking for that or to only verify if mysql is running and accepting
connections?  If so, then you can avoid nsclient and use check_tcp for
the port mysql is running on.

example

$ ./check_tcp -H 10.1.6.79 -p 3306

TCP OK - 0.000 second response time on port
3306|time=0.000438s;;;0.000000;10.000000

Please be more specific if this isn't what you're looking to accomplish.