Using MySQL plugin for Nagios monitoring

Sowmya Dass sowmya.dass at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 07:39:30 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I've installed Nagios 3.2.0 on RHEL 4. I wanted to use the MySQL plugin to
check the connectivity status of a SQL database hosted on a remote windows
2000 machine.
Is it necessary to have NSClient++ installed on the remote windows machine
for this plugin to work ?
Currently, I dont have NSClient++ installed on remote windows machine. Would
it be possible for me to use this plugin to check the connectivity to MYSQL
database hosted on remote windows machine from the nagios server ?

Please provide your views/suggestions on this.

Thanks a lot !

Regards
Sowmya Dass