How to make 1 exception for 1 host when mapping services to hostgroups?

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Wed Sep 9 18:41:26 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Janet Sullivan <jsullivan at mndigital.com> wrote:
> What kind of hardware are you on?

We have 2 machines:
* 1 does polling. nagios GUI, and trap ingest (SNMPTT)
* 1 does PNP graphing and storage, MySQL storage for SNMPTT,
notifications, and acts as a relay to send performance data off to our
in house data warehouse.

Each machines has:
* Intel dual quad core CPU
* 16 GB RAM
* SCSI disks (no RAID)
* Gigabit NIC

We have a new set of hosts we are setting up now that have RAID 10,
hoping to see some improvements on the RRD database performance with
RAID 10 in place on our reporting and notification server (load is
very low on the PNP servers though we do see some I/O wait .. hoping
that will decrease with RAID 10).  We are planning on doing HA between
a redundant pair of PNP/notifications hosts using GlusterFS (still
testing that out in our dev/test env).