service dependency problem - config check hangs

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Sep 4 21:51:18 CEST 2009

On Sep 4, 2009, at 2:09 PM, Terry wrote:

> Most of them are windows boxes.  Notice 678608 service dependencies.
> I can't imagine that what I am doing is uncommon.  Can someone post a
> working nsclient++ or nrpe dependency configuration?

Based on that number, it looks like you're getting all services
dependent on the NRPE services on all hosts. I haven't been following
this thread but what I think you're trying to do has recently been
discussed on nagios-devel (which I haven't really been following
either) *but* it may be useful/relevant to you as there is some patch
provided there... Just pointing you to the other thread...

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.nagios.devel - Mass define service
dependency for NRPE services.

YMMV.

--