any solution which will allow me to forward Nagios alerts to Netcool?

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Sep 3 22:00:42 CEST 2009

On Sep 3, 2009, at 1:54 PM, Scott Xiao wrote:

> Hi Max
> Thanks for your help!
> I am now ok to use the snmptrap to send out alert. But it seems the
> nagios doesn't involk the send_trap script to do the job.

> # 'send_trap' command definition
> define command{
>        command_name send_trap
> command_line /optnagios/libexec/send_trap  192.168.32.1 public
> $HOSTNAME$ $SERVICEDESC$ $SERVICESTATEID$ $SERVICEOUTPUT$
>        }

/optnagios/ - is that an actual paste or a typo on your part?

If your hostname, servicedesc, servicestateid or serviceoutput contain
spaces or special characters, you'll want to quote them above.

> [root at nagios libexec]# /usr/bin/snmptrap -v 2c -c public
> 192.168.32.1 '' [strangely line wrapped stuff removed]

Nagios doesn't run this as root, you shouldn't either. Permission
problems not seen when testing as root are a common issue when
integrating something new. Also note that the way you are testing is
different than the command_line you specify above in many ways.

--
Marc