any solution which will allow me to forward Nagios alerts to Netcool?

Scott Xiao Scott_Xiao at nec.com.sg
Thu Sep 3 20:54:26 CEST 2009

Hi Max
Thanks for your help!
I am now ok to use the snmptrap to send out alert. But it seems the
nagios doesn't involk the send_trap script to do the job.
I setup same on a vm with nagios and use my laptop with wireshark to
monitor incoming snmp traffic.
In localhost.cfg, I changed to 1 and 2 for current users to create
warning.
I can see warning on nagios UI but still nothing to capture on sniffer
with
port 162. unless I manual to send trap..anything I mssing? I also
attached
the result that sniffer recieved, and my cfg as below. please advise,
Thanks!

define service{
        use                             local-service         ; Name of
service
template to use
        host_name                       localhost
        service_description             Current Users
         event_handler                   send_trap
        event_handler_enabled            1
        check_command                   check_local_users!1!2
        }

commands.cfg

# 'send_trap' command definition
define command{
        command_name send_trap
command_line /optnagios/libexec/send_trap  192.168.32.1 public
$HOSTNAME$
$SERVICEDESC$ $SERVICESTATEID$ $SERVICEOUTPUT$
        }

[root at nagios libexec]# more send_trap
#!/bin/sh
# Arguments:
# $1 = Management Station
# $2 = Community String
# $3 = host_name
# $4 = service_description (Description of the service)
# $5 = return_code (An integer that determines the state
# of the service check, 0=OK, 1=WARNING, 2=CRITICAL,
# 3=UNKNOWN).
# $6 = plugin_output (A text string that should be used
# as the plugin output for the service check)
#
#
echo $1 >> /var/tmp/debug
echo $2 >> /var/tmp/debug
echo $3 >> /var/tmp/debug
echo $HOSTNAME$ >> /var/tmp/debug
echo $SERVICEDESC$  >> /var/tmp/debug
echo $SERVICESTATEID$ >> /var/tmp/debug
echo $SERVICEOUTPUT$ >> /var/tmp/debug

/usr/bin/snmptrap -v 2c -c $2 $1 '' NAGIOS-NOTIFY-MIB::nSvcEvent
nSvcHostname s $3 nSvcDesc s "$
4"  nSvcStateID i $5 nSvcOutput s "$6"

#/usr/bin/snmptrap -v 2c -c $2 192.168.32.1  ''
NAGIOS-NOTIFY-MIB::nSvcEvent
nSvcHostname s "$3"
 nSvcDesc s "$4" nSvcStateID i $5 nSvcOutput s "$6"
[root at nagios libexec]#

[root at nagios libexec]# /usr/bin/snmptrap -v 2c -c public 192.168.32.1 ''

NAGIOS-NOTIFY-MIB::nSvcEvent nSvcHostname s localhost nSvcDesc s "some
service desc supposed to come from nagios"  nSvcStateID i 0 nSvcOutput s

"some service may down testing"
[root at nagios libexec]# tail /var/tmp/debug
192.168.32.1
public
localhost
nagios.localdomain$