nsclient++ check_nt USEDDISKSPACE Segmentation fault

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:24:48 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Massimo Balestra <
massimobalestra at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  I have a problem monitoring the USEDDISKSPACE on one drive of one of the
> windows servers.
>

> It is a Windows Server  2003 R2 Standard edition (Service pack 2).
>
> The problem occurs after I did the last Windows Update last Friday. Before
> it was working.

your update broke it :(

well, two solutions:

1. roll update back;
2. check disks with nrpe in windows:

in your nsc.ini define an nrpe handler like this one:

nrpe_CheckDriveSize=inject CheckDriveSize MinWarn=10% MinCrit=5% CheckAll
FilterType=FIXED FilterType=REMOTE

and your check disk service in nagios would be something like:

check_nrpe -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c nrpe_CheckDriveSize

it works great like this. We check *all* disks in one go.

natxo