check_by_ssh error - Remote command execution failed

Jim McNamara jim at packetalk.net
Wed Sep 2 14:42:56 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 14:19 +0300, Juki wrote:
> 2009/9/2 Thomas Guyot-Sionnest <dermoth at aei.ca>
>

>         This had to do with the server's kay that changed and is being
>         cached in
>
>         the nagios user's ~/.ssh/known_hosts. Find any entry matching
>         the target
>         host name or IP and delete them, then connect manually to the
>         host as
>         the nagios user.
>

> Thanks for the reply.
>

> I deleted the entry matching the remote host's IP from the nagios
> user's ~/.ssh/known_hosts file on the nagios server. But that
> didn't help at all.

You deleted the old key info, but did you su to the nagios user and then
ssh to the host? The first time you ssh to a host you'll get prompted to
accept the key fingerprint of the remote host. I believe if you simply
su the the nagios user then ssh to the remote host you'll be asked to
accept the fingerprint of the remote host, then the error should stop.