check_by_ssh error - Remote command execution failed

Juki juki.emma at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:19:18 CEST 2009

2009/9/2 Thomas Guyot-Sionnest <dermoth at aei.ca>

> This had to do with the server's kay that changed and is being cached in
> the nagios user's ~/.ssh/known_hosts. Find any entry matching the target
> host name or IP and delete them, then connect manually to the host as
> the nagios user.

Thanks for the reply.

I deleted the entry matching the remote host's IP from the nagios
user's ~/.ssh/known_hosts file on the nagios server. But that
didn't help at all.

On running the command again, I still got the error;

nagios at central-host:/> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_by_ssh -H x.x.x.x -C
"/export/home/nagios/plugins/check_swap -w 50% -c 10%"

Remote command execution failed: ###################### !!! WARNING !!!

local disk partition.

Any more pointers?