Monitoring Unix machine from a windows machine

Tue Sep 1 22:28:57 CEST 2009

You say that the Windows machine is able to launch scripts on the Unix
machine. Why not plugins - which basically simply ARE scripts? There are
multiple ways to launch scripts on the Unix box. Which one is
appropriate for you depends on your specific situation. Look into NSCA
or NRPE (those do require an agent to be installed on the Unix box), as
well as check_by_ssh.

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.