Windows Agent - Passive Checks

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 02:27:38 CEST 2009

I was going to add that to NC_Net but if it only reports on trouble then how
do you know it has not stalled without freshness checking ?

On NC_net there is a similar command but it has slightly different
requirements,
1) you can configure NC_Net to preform different Passive checks, but not
setup a NSCA transport.
2) Active check NC_NEt using GETALLCHECKS command (via check_nc_net thats
compatible with check_nt)
  This returns All checks OK with all performance data or a list of failed
passive check and performance data.
Thus a single Command in Nagios for any number of Passive checks configured,
then only  details when something goes wrong.

Tony ( author of NC_Net) windows plugin