Windows Agent - Passive Checks

Tony nagios at aspireinternet.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 11:36:07 CEST 2009

Hi List

I've used Nagios for a few years now and up to now have only really monitored Linux servers and Network hardware.
However I'm now having to monitor Windows servers more and more, which isn't a problem as there are plenty of Windows agents available to monitor Windows servers.

However I was wondering if anyone had come across/written an agent that sits on a Windows server and sends Passive checks to Nagios if say a service stops, no matter what the service is. Rather than having Nagios query the host every x minutes and creating network traffic when there isn't any reason to if all the services Nagios wants to check are up and running.

Just a thought...

Thanks
Tony