notifications not being sent on host down/unreachable

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Oct 6 21:28:50 CEST 2009

On Oct 6, 2009, at 1:38 PM, Noel Platzke wrote:

> So this is working now but I'm not sure why. I deleted the
> objects.cache file and restarted and got a host down alert as soon
> as nagios came up.

This tells me that nagios wasn't running with the configuration you
thought it was (unless you also deleted status.dat, which may have
settings overrides your object definitions). Seeing what was in
objects.cache (and status.dat) might have explained the issue.

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Noel Platzke <neufpas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I included the template because the actual host definitions only
> include the server specific information. I'm not overriding
> anything. For example...

Then you should tell us this at the least. We're not mind readers and
when you provide something that is incomplete, with no comment that
it's known incomplete and why, we have to assume you don't know what
you gave us. ;) IMHO, you (as in anyone reporting problems) should
provide *all* related information for any problem regardless of what
bits you think are needed. Usually the problem is not in what you know
you need, but in what you don't know you need. =)

--
Marc