How to monitor a linux file opened & closedstatus using Nagios

Selvakumar A selvakumar.a at europlex.in
Mon Oct 5 06:36:40 CEST 2009

Hi,
   Thanks a lot.I checked with the  "lsof" command.It gives the number of opened files via shell,VI editor.But when I open a file through GNOME text editor the "lsof" command does not give the status of the file opened by GNOME text Editor.
It would be fine if a command gives the status of the file opened by gnome text editor.

Regards

A.Selvakumar

Siemens Building Technologies Pvt Ltd

Industry Sector, Building Technologies Division,

I BT IN SES SYS

Robert V Chandran Tower, Fourth Floor, West Wing.

#149, Velachery Tambaram Main Road,

Pallikaranai, Chennai – 600 100

Tel: +91(0)4442954312