Odd NRPE issue - variable not printing

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Tue Nov 17 18:13:39 CET 2009

Sorry, I meant to say the NRPE user, but it's early and I'd also misread
the original statement.  Coffee should be kicking in any time now.

Anyway, based on that, I'd guess it's failing on the "@lines =
`$apache_tool`;" line, since it doesn't seem to be picking up anything
at all. How is "check_apache" defined in the NRPE config?  I'm wondering
if it's being called in a way that isn't allowing external shell commands.