check-host-alive and ping service check

Khanh Truong k11h12anh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:39:07 CET 2009

Most of the time I use the Services view, and the problem with disabling the
PING is that I have some hosts i.e.  switches that doesn't have any other
services besides PING so getting rid of it would mean it would stop showing
up under the Services view.
I guess there is no way to customize views with Nagios is there? Anyone have
any other ideas? I think I'll just keep both of them enabled for now so that
I get my detailed view and hopefully down the road there it will be possible
to create customized Nagios views.