Delay sending SMS alerts....

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Nov 4 00:24:25 CET 2009

On Nov 3, 2009, at 12:26 PM, Justin T Pryzby wrote:

> Is it possible to get the behavior of a "queue" which is emptied at
> 7am (for better or worse)?

Not within nagios, but...

> . SMS from earlier than 7am should be sent *at* 7am and not at 7:15
>   or 7:30 or ..
> . it shouldn't be necessary to implement this as a 1/minute check
>   sending thousands of emails between 3am and 7am.

... as Martin Melin indicates, this is best done by your notification
script. The default notification commands work for the majority of
users for the majority of use cases. For special cases, such as yours,
it's trivial to drop in your own notification script. You just need to
write that logic into it.

I would.... have it grab the notifications and determine if it should
be queued or not. Those that should get written to a file. At 7am, a
second script parses that file and sends all the notifications.

--
Marc