Host and Service Dependencies

Hopkins, Brian brian.hopkins at gilbarco.com
Thu May 28 17:16:19 CEST 2009

We are currently running into the issue with Nagios that when a host
goes down we are getting alerted about all the services on that same
host being down as well.  Is there a easy way to fix this so that if the
host is down we don't get the notifications about all the services on
that host?  The only thing I know to do is setup all the services on
each host to be dependent on the host itself so that if it goes down we
won't get alerted, this will just be a lot of work as I will have to
update each cfg file for each of our hosts and there are about 200 of
them.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Brian Hopkins
Gilbarco Veeder-Root
System Administrator
336-547-5213
brian.hopkins at gilbarco.com

Please be advised that this email may contain confidential information.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or
re-transmit this email.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify us by email by replying to the sender and by telephone
(call us collect at +1 202-828-0850) and delete this message and any
attachments.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

In addition, Danaher and its subsidiaries disclaim that the content of
this email constitutes an offer to enter into, or the acceptance of,
any
contract or agreement or any amendment thereto; provided that the
foregoing disclaimer does not invalidate the binding effect of any
digital or other electronic reproduction of a manual signature that is
included in any attachment to this email.