unusual behavior

Terry L. Inzauro tinzauro at ha-solutions.net
Wed May 27 15:59:17 CEST 2009

List,

I have an odd occurrence that I cant seem to work out.

I have a host with various services defined that belongs to a hostgroup and such. The other day, the host had some IP issues
that cause nagios to report that the services were down.  After the host came back up, there was one service (check_dig) that
still reported as being down. All other services were fine (check_ssh, check_users, check_load, check_ping, check_procs).

The only workaround that allowed the check_dig to return to normal was to change the  'host_name' and 'alias' in the host
definition.

	host_name               host-mgmt
        alias                   host.dom.tld

It seemed that there was a cached or stale entry stored somewhere....Any ideas as to why this would be?

regards,

_Terry