Monitoring clustered resources with Windows...

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Thu May 21 05:04:38 CEST 2009

Hi,

Why not implement Passive checks.
instead of reporting to seperate Host configs have them report to a single
host called CLUSTERED
then have the passive checks report only OK states,
and have the freshness check command report for when both are down.

Check the Docs on Violtile and passive and they may be able to assist.
(Maybe in conjuntion with an eventhandler)
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/passivechecks.html
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/volatileservices.html

Thre also used to be a plugin called Check_cluster
this polls the results from other checks into a single check (I think)
http://nagiosplugins.org/man/check_cluster

A google search turned up this article on Nagios Community:
http://community.nagios.org/2009/04/25/monitoring-windows-cluster-environments-with-nagios/

Tony ( Author of NC_Net)
Current verison V4.4  https://sourceforge.net/projects/nc-net/