Nagios reporting no output when there is output

Jean-Michel Philippon-Nadeau jmphilip at ccs.usherbrooke.ca
Fri May 15 21:06:31 CEST 2009

Thanks for the reply.

Tom Wlodek wrote:
> "no output" message in nagios usually means: "Your script has an error".
> Tahe the script which is supposed to execute "notify-by-email" command
> and execute it by hand. It should fail and give an error msg. This will
> give you a hint.

I have already checked that my command works. The script reporting disk
usage and sending it to Nagios already runs fine on the other 30+
machines and running the script manually works just fine too.

What I forgot to mention in my previous e-mail (sorry about that) is
that Nagios says the service just recovered a few minutes later. From
what I understood in the logs, the machine reports it's disk space
usage, Nagios emits a warning even if the script sent the appropriate
usage and a few minutes later when the script is re-run (I've shortened
it's cron launch time) Nagios notices that everything is OK and sends
back notices by e-mail.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--