Dependency help

Matt Nelson matt at frozenatom.com
Fri May 15 18:04:49 CEST 2009

I've ready through the doc's twice, but each time I come out with a
different idea of how this is supposed to be set.  Below is my current
attempt:

define servicedependency{
    dependent_host_name                 Server1,Server2
    dependent_service_description
DistributedQueue-ConsumersCurrentCount
    host_name                           Server3
    service_description
DistributedQueue-ConsumersCurrentCount
    notification_failure_criteria       w,c,u
    }
define servicedependency{
    dependent_host_name                 Server2,Server3
    dependent_service_description
DistributedQueue-ConsumersCurrentCount
    host_name                           Server1
    service_description
DistributedQueue-ConsumersCurrentCount
    notification_failure_criteria       w,c,u
    }
define servicedependency{
    dependent_host_name                 Server1,Server3
    dependent_service_description
DistributedQueue-ConsumersCurrentCount
    host_name                           Server2
    service_description
DistributedQueue-ConsumersCurrentCount
    notification_failure_criteria       w,c,u
    }

And here is what I am trying to accomplish:

I have three hosts, each with the same service running.  If < 3 of these
hosts has that service die it is ok, and I want it to show critical, but not
alert, but if all three of them show that service down It needs to alert.

Right now it is alerting if any of the three show that service down,
regardless of any of the other two having that service showing OK.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Matt Nelson