Distributed and Redondant Nagios

Jean Meunier jean.meunier11 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:54:40 CEST 2009

Good Afternoon,

I search documentations, best practice or write book in order to set-up a
monitoring system with Nagios in 4 Datacenter.

Actually I think i will deploy 2 Nagios Daemon as Master (they will received
event states with ncsa, all the services will be declared in passive mode)
in two datacenter and 4 Nagios as collector. They will execute commands and
send events to Master Nagios.

Actually I would like to know :

- How the two master daemon can be redondant ? (active / active) (active /
passive) How to share state in real time between the two ?

- When the link between a master and collector Nagios is lost or a collector
Nagios is Lost. I would like the master nagios exectute checks. but the
parents hosts are not the sames becauses these two nagios are not in the
same Network / DC. I don't know how can I solve this.

In a other way I would like to have all my configuration in a database in
order to have the possibility of regeneration configuration, and simplify
management After many search I'havent find tools or software wich allow this
kind of architecture, with multiple master or collector. Provide all
parameters of definitions services and hosts and provide differents view on
collectors and Master

Thnks for your answers,

Regards