Different configurations for backup times

Eric Pearce epearce at amberpoint.com
Thu May 14 18:37:14 CEST 2009

I had a similar problem with my backups, as they looked like a disk problem
to the nagios plugin.  I turn off notifications before the backup:

/usr/bin/su - nagios -c /usr/local/bin/wget --quiet -O - --post-data
'cmd_typ=23&cmd_mod=2&host=yourhost&service=yourservice&btnSubmit=Commit'
http://nagioserver/nagios/cgi-bin/cmd.cgi

and then turn them back on when it is done:

+ /usr/bin/su - nagios -c /usr/local/bin/wget --quiet -O - --post-data
'cmd_typ=22&cmd_mod=2&host=yourhost&service=yourservice&btnSubmit=Commit'
http://nagiosserver/nagios/cgi-bin/cmd.cgi

password is stored in .wgetrc

The other advantage of this is that the backup time can vary, and you don't
have to change anything on the Nagios server.  The client knows best when it
is running a backup.

-e