Different configurations for backup times

Mark Krenz mark at suso.org
Thu May 14 15:07:40 CEST 2009

  Hi, I recently reconfigured my nagios setup to monitor a lot more
things on my servers and its mostly working ok, but I'm running into
issues where I'm getting tons of notifictions during times that backups
are running.  Which is overnight of course.  The notifications happen
because the load on each machine will go up and sometimes a TCP
connection will fail for a few minutes.  I realize that this is really a
problem I need to deal with on my servers and I'm working on that too,
but I was wondering how I could tell nagios to be less agreesive
overnight.

 From reading docs and looking at configuration files, I can only see
that I'd need to duplicate all my host and service entries so that they
notify a different contact group that has a different contact schedule.
Is this right or is there another better way?

--
Mark S. Krenz
IT Director