Nagios and Windows DFS replication

Kustner, Tom Tom.Kustner at RetirementPartner.com
Tue May 12 21:42:20 CEST 2009

[Disclaimer: I am not the Nagios administrator, just an end-user]

We are using DFS-R on a number of Windows servers.  Nagios is already
being used to monitor these servers (NSCLIENT++ 0.3.1).   It is possible
to schedule some tasks to run a DFSRDIAG or DFSRADMIN report on the
status of the replication folders and e-mail the results, but I am
wondering if anyone is using Nagios to monitor DFS-R and, if so, how.

Tom Kustner MCSE, CNE
Inside:     68728
Outside: 414-906-8728
Mobile:  414-559-0889

The information contained in this message and any accompanying attachments may contain privileged, private and/or confidential information protected by state and federal law.  Penalties may be assessed for unauthorized use and/or disclosure.  This message and any attachments are intended for the designated recipient only.  If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately and return or destroy the information.

This e-mail transmission and any attachments are believed to have been sent free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened. It is, however, the recipient's responsibility to ensure that the e-mail transmission and any attachments are virus free, and the sender accepts no responsibility for any damage that may in any way arise from their use.