check_icmp and check_host

MAD sri.lumpa at free.fr
Wed May 6 15:47:54 CEST 2009

Hi Jerome

Concerning your check_host, this can be anything you want. check_ping is generally used but for some hosts which run only apache server I'm using check_http. Linking check_icmp to check_host should be fine (I assume).

If statusmap.cgi, trends.cgi and histogram.cgi don't exist, that means part of your installation failed. Try to compile again and make install and look for some error messages. if this doesn't change anything, try make install-cgis but this means you have an error somewhere during your configuration and/or compilation...

You'll have a link to an availability  graph for each service or host you will be supervising through the extended information page. Clic on the name of a service or host and then clic on the "availability report" link.

Marc-André